Make a Difference
Give your half marathon or 5K experience even more meaning by donating to and/or training with our official charity, Girls on the Run Coastal Georgia and Lowcountry. Make memories that last a lifetime at the Publix Savannah Women’s Half Marathon & 5K by getting involved today!
Girls on the Run
Girls on the Run is a physical activity-based program designed to develop and enhance girls’ social, psychological, and physical competencies to successfully navigate life experiences. Our Mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. Our 10-week program drives transformative change in the lives of elementary and middle school girls.
Why Girls on the Run Matters
Girls on the Run makes a stronger impact than organized sports or physical education in teaching life skills and building confidence in young girls.
- Girls’ self-confidence begins to drop by age nine.
- 50% of girls ages 10 to 13 experience bullying such as name calling and exclusion.
- Physical activity levels decline at age 10 and continue to decrease throughout adolescence.
Become a Sole Mate
It’s simple, rewarding, and fun to be a SoleMate. Dream up a challenge that works for you and commit to go the distance. When you do, you’ll have access to:
- A personalized online fundraising page
- Resources to help you be a superstar fundraiser
- One-on-one support from our Girls on the Run staff
- Branded SoleMates apparel and more!
SoleMates is an inspired and driven community made up of passionate people supporting Girls on the Run while completing a physical activity challenge of their choice. As a SoleMate, you will help advance a powerful mission and raise critically needed funds that enable Girls on the Run to serve more girls in our community.