The 2020 Fast and the Furriest 8K-9, 4K-9, Trail Race and 1 Mile Fun Walk
Saturday, September 26, 2020
Race Time: 4:30pm
Skidaway Island State Park
Get out and run/walk with your dog! Join us for a pawsitively good time at The Savannah Kennel Club’s Fast and Furriest Trail Race at Skidaway Island State Park. Sponsored by Chatham Parkway Subaru. Choose your distance: 8K, 4K, or 1 Mile.
This is not your typical race – your furry four-legged friend will be timed (not you) and all dog participants will receive a finisher’s medal and a bandana. Human finisher medals will be awarded to the top three in each division. All human participants will receive a technical race shirt.
Don’t have a dog, no worries. You can borrow a running buddy from one of our local rescues!
This race is fun for the entire family! Children 12 years of age or older can participate while accompanied by a parent or guardian and in control of their running buddy.
Plan to stay for the after PAWTY! Relax after the trail run with a massage for you and your pup! We will have live music, food trucks, thirst quenching beer, vendor booths and activities!
A veterinarian will be on site.
INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- Dogs must be current on their rabies vaccination (6 months of age or older).
- Dogs in heat are not permitted to participate.
- Participants must be 12 years of age and must be in control of your dog.
- Dogs must be well-behaved and non-aggressive with people and other dogs.
- Keep your dog on a 6′ or shorter leash at all times (no extending leashes).
- You must clean up after your dog (bags will be provided).
- Bring your dog only if he or she will enjoy being around other people and dogs.
- Fast and Furriest Race officials and volunteers may refuse entry to any dog exhibiting behavior that could be dangerous to other dogs or participants.
- Participate only if you and your dog are in adequate physical condition.
This event is in conjunction with the Savannah Kennel Club “Responsible Dog Owner” awareness weekend. Visit us at www.SavannahKennelClub.org for more event details.
- Friday, September 25, 2020: Fleet Feet Savannah / 12:00pm – 7:00pm
- Saturday, September 26, 2020: Skidaway Island State Park / 2:30pm – 3:45pm
Taste the flavor of sweet Southern charm at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon & ½ Marathon every November! This year’s race occurs on November 7-8, 2020. Experience the intrigue and ambiance of the city while running to the beat of rock, country, jazz and blues. Find your Southern drawl and rock out in Savannah!
Are you ready to sign up for Savannah’s most special running experience? The Publix Savannah Women’s Half Marathon & 5K will highlight our beautiful city and Historic District in 13.1 miles of tree-lined streets, parks and squares.
Our race will take place on November 21, 2020 with both races starting at 7:30 a.m. at Forsyth Park.
Participants can pick up their packets by attending the Fashion Fitness Expo at the Kehoe Iron Works building at Trustees Garden on November 20, 2020 from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Both the start and finish line for the Publix Savannah Women’s Half & 5K are located at Forsyth Park. Forsyth Park located at the center of Savannah’s Historic District and is a short 15 minute walk from Bay St. Any of the numerous parking decks in the Historic District can be used for the event. For information about the parking deck locations, please visit the City of Savannah website.